Victoria’s COVID-19 death toll has reached 800, with two new deaths and 15 new cases reported since yesterday.
The total number of cases in the state now stands at 20,183.
Seven of the 15 new cases have been linked to known outbreaks or complex cases, with three linked to aged care (Bupa Edithvale, TLC Noble Manor in Noble Park and Opal Hobsons Bay in Altona North) and four linked to the Butcher Club at Chadstone Shopping Centre.
Victoria Health says the origins of the remaining eight new cases are still under investigation.
Of the two deaths reported since yesterday, one was a woman aged in her 70s and another woman aged in her 90s – both are linked to aged care facility outbreaks.
Of today’s 15 new cases, there are five cases in Casey, two cases in Greater Dandenong, Maribyrnong and Monash and single cases in Boroondara, Glen Eira, Wyndham and Yarra.
Here’s a breakdown of the active aged care outbreaks and case numbers as of today:
- Estia Aged Care Facility Keilor: 32 active (46 total)
- Embracia Moonee Valley Aged Care Facility: 19 active (total cases: 80)
- Opal Hobsons Bay Aged Care Facility Altona North: 15 active (total cases: 46)
- Edenvale Manor Aged Care Facility Keilor East: 14 active (total cases: 23)
- Baptcare Wyndham Lodge Community Werribee: 10 active (total cases: 260)
- Doutta Galla Aged Services Woornack: 7 active (total cases: 60)
- Mercy Place Parkville Aged Care Facility: 7 active (total cases: 104)
- Churches of Christ Care Arcadia Aged Care Essendon: 4 active (total cases: 22)
- Twin Parks Aged Care Reservoir: 4 active (total cases: 127)
- Epping Gardens Aged Care Facility: 3 active (total cases: 220)