fbpx
Friday, June 21, 2024

10 arrested over Sydney kidnapping

Police have charged 10 people following the alleged kidnapping of a man during a home invasion in Sydney’s south-west overnight.

Police say that at around 3am, officers attached to Camden Police Area Command attended a home at Jersey Road at Bringelly, following reports a man had been abducted.

Police were told, a group of men – one armed with a firearm – forced their way into the house and confronted two male occupants – aged 37 and 61.

The older man was allegedly assaulted by the men, before the younger man was forced into a vehicle outside.

“The older man sustained minor injuries and was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics; however, did not require further treatment,” NSW Police said.

“A crime scene was established by local police, before detectives from the State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad took carriage of the investigation.

“Following inquiries, detectives, with assistance from the Tactical Operations Unit (TOU) and Police Negotiators, attended an industrial warehouse at Marigold Street at Revesby.

“Officers established a perimeter and following negotiations, a 37-year-old Bringelly man was released into police custody.”

The man was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries to his head and face.

“During ongoing negotiations, it will be alleged that the group set the Revesby property on fire. Fire and Rescue NSW attended and extinguished the blaze,” NSW Police said.

Eight males – aged between 16 and 37 – were subsequently arrested by heavily-armed tactical police.

A further three men – aged 30, 28 and 27 – were arrested after arriving at the property during the operation.

All 11 males were taken to Liverpool and Bankstown Police Stations.

Seven men – two aged 23 and the others aged 27, 26, 22, 19, and a 16-year-old boy – were charged with take/detain in company with intent to ransom occasion actual bodily harm, special aggravated break and enter with intent – armed with dangerous weapon, tamper with evidence with intent to mislead judicial tribunal, and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.

They were all refused bail to appear at court today.

Three men – aged 27, 28, and 30 – were charged with principal in the second degree to take/detain in company with intent to ransom occasion actual bodily harm, and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.

They were refused bail to appear at Parramatta Local Court today.

A 37-year-old man was taken to hospital under police guard for treatment. Charges are expected to be laid against him later today.

Inquiries into the incident are continuing.

Latest Articles