The Australian Department of Health and Aged Care is seeking feedback from aged care volunteers, volunteer managers, and aged care providers to shape the future of aged care volunteering across the country.
In a statement, the Department said volunteers were essential to the well-being of socially isolated older people and complement the paid aged care workforce in Austrlaia’s aged care sector.
As part of the Australian Government’s response to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, the Department is seeking the views of:
- all people who volunteer in the aged care sector;
- all those who work with volunteers in their role as a volunteer manager or as an aged care provider.
Have your say
- Visit consultations.health.gov.au
- Call 1800 318 209 to complete the survey over the phone or request a paper copy
- For translating and interpreting services, call 131 450
- To use the National Relay Service, visit nrschat.nrscall.gov.au/nrs or call 1800 555 660
Consultations close on 26 May 2023.