Accessing library resources is now a lot easier following the launch of Whitsunday Regional Council’s first libraries app.
The App is available on smart phones and tablets and provides a one-stop-shop for all library services.
Mayor, Julie Hall said the new user-friendly App connects residents right across the region with one of their favourite community facilities anytime, anywhere.
“The App supports our Whitsunday Regional Libraries’ vision to connect, create, enable and innovate and it will provide access to over 60,000 items from our library collections,” Mayor Hall said.
“It has extensive integration with the Library Management System which delivers the best user experience for our members.
“They can search and instantly access their favourite authors, topics, movies and music; it has it all!”
The App features include:
- Using your smartphone as your library card
- Locate and reserve items, manage your reservations and renew items
- Borrow library items using your own device
- Scan any book’s ISBN to see if Whitsunday Regional Libraries holds a copy
- Access eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, music and films
- Link your family members’ library cards
- See the latest news, events and activities
The App can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store, by searching for Whitsunday Regional Libraries.
Current members can use their library card barcode and password to activate the App. Non-members, who are aged 18 and over, can apply for library membership through the App or you can visit your local library to sign up.