fbpx
Thursday, May 23, 2024

SA tightens gathering rules

South Australian Premier, Steven Marshall has announced new public health restrictions for the state’s population after two new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed overnight.

From midnight tomorrow the number of people allowed to gather in homes will be reduced from 50 down to 10, while licensed premises will only be allowed to host seated patrons.

The state’s Chief Health Officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier said one of the new cases was a man in his 50s who was a close contact of an existing case.

“This man had been advised by the Communicable Disease Control Branch to quarantine,” Professor Spurrier said.

“He had his test done on Saturday and we got the result back late yesterday.”

She said the second confirmed case was a woman aged in her 20s who had attended two schools, Thebarton College and Roma Mitchell Secondary College.

Prof Spurrier said both schools had since been closed for deep cleaning.

Latest Articles