A 59-year-old man has been charged with three counts of murder following a shocking mass shooting incident in Bogie yesterday that left three people dead and another suffering a serious gunshot wound.
“It will be alleged around 9am, police received a report three people had been fatally shot at a property on Shannonvale Road and another man had suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen,” Queensland Police said today.
The three people killed have been identified as 71-year-old Mervyn Harold Schwarz, 59-year-old Maree Anne Schwarz and 35-year-old Graham John Tighe. A fourth person, Ross Tighe, was shot in the abdomen.
“The injured man remains in Mackay Base Hospital in a stable condition with a single gunshot wound to the stomach,” Police said.
Detectives have charged a 59-year-old Bogie man with three counts of murder and one of attempted murder.
He will appear in the Proserpine Magistrates Court on Monday, August 8.